Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

Tribal Tribulations

Overall, my experience with the Native American Tribe project was a very positive and educational one. The presentation included geography, origin, history, culture, food, clothes, and habitat of  a specific Native American Tribe, the Dine’ Tribe. As part of the jigsaw cooperative learning model, each member was assigned a specific topic to research and present. My responsibility was to research the culture and clothes of the Dine’ tribe. To accomplish this task, I started my research and quickly realized that I was not finding many search results after entering the search term “Dine’ tribe culture.” I then realized that the Dine’ tribe was also known as the Navajo people. After learning this fact, my research became easier. I quickly found websites such as “Native American Indian Facts,”Navajo Culture,” and “Navajo Culture and Traditions.” These websites provided valuable information that allowed me to grow my knowledge of Native American culture and my increase my ability to effectively research necessary information. After completing my part of the project, I was an expert on Dine’ culture and clothing, however, there were so many other topics that I did not know about. I consulted with my group and this is where cooperative learning came into play. We worked together to construct our Powerpoint, and combined our independent findings into one cohesive project to effectively tie together all information. When we presented to our fellow classmates, it was clear that as a group we worked very well together. Each piece of the “Dine’ puzzle” came together to form an informative presentation that not only gave our audience an insight into the world of the Dine’ tribe, but also created a wider range of diversity acceptance and awareness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment