Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2015

"So tell me about yourself" : My experience from a mock interview


In class, we conducted a mock interview. In this mock interview 4 of my fellow classmates were chosen to act as administrators. As administrators, they each constructed about 5 questions to ask each group. Some of these questions included: 

If you are teaching a lesson on Geography, how will you incorporate technology into your cooperative lesson?

What cooperative learning activities or tasks will you use when teaching a cooperative learning lesson on economics?

What is your teaching philosophy?

What made you want to become a teacher?

There was also other thoughtful questions. 

At first, I was very nervous about the whole interview process. I have never gone for a formal interview before, so I did not know what to expect. Once the questions started being asked, my nerves got the best of me and I started to get tongue tied. After a few questions, I started to get more comfortable because I felt passionate and confident about my answers. 

The interview in itself I think was slightly difficult because you did not know what kind of questions the administrators were going to ask or the type of answers that they expected to hear. On the other hand, I felt that the interview was slightly easy as well because since the administrators were my fellow classmates I felt comfortable to express myself and my answers. It was also nice to know that if I didn't understand a question or I became tongue tied my classmates would help me out by explaining the question or encouraging me in answering it. 

Even though I was very nervous for the entire process, apparently I handled myself very well, dressed professionally, and articulated my answers well. This is what my administrators said when they announced that from my group I would be the one they would hire. I was very proud of myself when they said this and it allowed me to gain confidence in my interview skills.

In general, mock interviews are very beneficial to prepare you when you go out into the real world and are interviewed by real professionals for real jobs. Below I found a website with "4 Benefits of a Mock Interview". Please read, it is very informational.

"4 Benefits of a Mock Interview"

No comments:

Post a Comment