Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

Choosing to Be Grateful

The New York Time's Article "Choosing to Be Grateful" has really opened my eyes. As the holidays approach rapidly,  I realize how important it is to recognize your loved ones. Two years ago, I lost someone very close to my heart: my Grandpa, or as my family called him, Pop-Pop. Pop-Pop was an integral part of our family's life and he provided us with many laughs, jokes, and smiles. This will be the second thanksgiving without Pop-Pop, and, although he seemed to initiate arguments better than anyone could, he is dearly missed. I am so grateful to have known my Pop-Pop. He has provided me with more knowledge about self-respect, confidence, history, and hard work than anyone ever has. Never will I ever take advantage or forsake the time I spent with him, and I will always be grateful for the wisdom he has left behind for my cousins and I to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment